Considerations for Data Quality@youcanaskobi
The breadth of data quality
Each data source has the potential to be a powerful tool in your digital marketing strategy. As an advertiser, your role is to ensure you use each data source correctly to help ensure you meet your marketing goals. Here are some questions you can ask to gain insight into your businesses current practices:
1. Data sources
Based on the customer path to conversion, what data sources should you use to understand the actions your customers take?
For every touch point, what metrics do you need to understand the customer purchase journey?
3. Customer journey
For each metric, what part of the customer journey does this support?
These questions help to identify which data sources and metrics you should track. If your business already has data sources established, use this as a guide to discover potential gaps.
All of the data your sources collect can offer better insight into performance. When you use data sources together, their aggregated metrics can tell the most accurate story of how people interact with your brand across channels.
Adapting to the changing ecosystem
Over the next few years, Internet browsers are slated to phase out third-party cookies, which will impair how businesses can collect information on people who visit their websites. Additionally, technology companies have begun to limit access to app ad tracking data, which affects how advertisers gather information from mobile apps.
These changes directly impact the data collection of the pixel and SDK. Businesses therefore need to become more independent from browsers and discover new ways to connect with customers. Here are some ways to become resilient to the changes in the digital advertising ecosystem:
- Use advanced matching for pixel events to increase the number of attributed conversions and Custom Audience size.
- Install the Conversions API to help prevent potential advertising issues and ensure customer privacy.
- Use Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp to sustain automated personalised experiences.
- Set up a commerce storefront on Facebook and Instagram to sell directly through our platforms.
- Connect in-store and other offline interactions through data to provide comprehensive insight into the customer purchase journey.